Friday, October 26, 2007

Couchsurfing

Traveling is expensive. We all know that. And if you are on your own, it can be hard to meet people. We all know that as well.

These are only 2 of the many reasons why couchsurfing is a great concept. Basically, its a social networking site which has as its main goal bringing people together through good old fashioned hospitality. Need a place to stay in Rome? Nice? Moscow? Mind sleeping on a couch or an air mattress? One quick search on couchsurfing.com and boom! (ari gold accent) You've found something. Not only do you get a roof above your head for free, you have a local who can recommend everything you need to know.

Now, to be fair, I haven't actually "couchsurfed" yet but this weekend, I am going to Aix en Provence for my first couch surfing experience. I will keep you all posted on how it goes. If you don't see anything, perhaps I'll have been murdered in my sleep. In this case, I take back everything I wrote here. From the afterlife of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment